Monday, September 7, 2009

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies


I know I said no more peanut butter for a while, but too bad! I found these cookies a long time ago, I don't even remember where, and they have been my favorite peanut butter cookies since. They are soft and delicious. I like to add peanut butter chips and reese's pieces to mine to add a little something extra.

The other night, Jaci was tearing up the house, so we decided to make cookies together. She just wanted to keep dumping things in the bowl and didn't want to let ME help!

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies

1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 butter flavor Crisco stick
3 T. milk
1 T. vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of a fork. Bake one sheet at a time for 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to waxed paper or wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen.

3 comments:

  1. You can post all the PB recipes you want! I love chunky cookies, the more goodies the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill I love all your recipes I have tried some and they are great. Lindsey looked so cute in her skirt it was perfect thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you PLEASE make some and send them home with your mom?

    And I totally forgot I am an author (ha ha) of a recipe blog that had some good stuff on it...

    recipeanatomy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails