Saturday, August 1, 2009

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

In the future I'm going to name these Kelcie's muffins. Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins is just too long, and my younger sister, Kelcie, has eaten 3 in the past hour. I got this recipe from my mom's friend, Jennifer, and I adapted it a little bit. The result was a perfectly soft and fluffy tasty muffin. I'm not normally a big banana person, but these are delicious!


I had to add this picture of my daughter "helping" me put the chocolate chips on top. She kept grabbing a chocolate chip and a large pinch of dough and eating it!


Kelcie's Muffins

1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. baking soda dissolved in 1 T. HOT water
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. flour (can use whole wheat flour)
3-4 smashed ripened bananas
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips + more for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

To mashed bananas, add butter, peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add soda water and stir in flour and baking powder.

Put into greased or lined muffin tins and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails