Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pops' Ranger Cookies


Okay, so here's the story on these cookies. When my dad was in High School a girl who liked him made him these cookies called "Ranger Cookies". My dad kept the recipe and my mom had it in her files. I made them for him a few years ago and he immediately knew what they were. So, I'm visiting my parents right now and I decided to make these for my dad, but I couldn't find the original recipe anywhere. So, I went online and searched for Ranger Cookies and came up with a bunch of recipes that were all pretty similar. I then asked my dad what he remembered were in them and adapted the recipe.

These cookies aren't super sweet. They are fairly stiff and hearty. They came out pretty good though. They have a little crunch and they came out soft in the middle.

Pops' Ranger Cookies

1 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. flour
2 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. shredded coconut
2 c. corn flakes or frosted flakes
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cream shortening with sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add baking soda, salt, baking powder and flour; mix well.

Stir in oats, coconut, cereal and chocolate chips.

Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails