Saturday, August 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Balls

This is a recipe my mom found in some magazine and we both had to try it. I made them a couple of years ago and took on a road trip from Utah to Arizona. For some reason last week they popped into my head and I had to make them again!



It is basically a peanut butter mixture dipped in chocolate and rolled in peanuts. This time I decided to try a couple of different coatings on top of the chocolate (mainly because I ran out of peanuts)! My sister liked the plain ones the best, but my favorite are still the ones rolled in chopped peanuts.


Peanut Butter Balls


1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. milk
3 2/3 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp. shortening
3 c. finely chopped peanuts

Line and 8" pan with foil and grease. Cook butter, peanut butter and milk over low heat until melted. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Remove from heat and pour into prepared pan. Cool completely. Roll into 3/4" balls and refrigerate until firm. Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in microwave. Stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture and roll immediately in chopped peanuts. Cool. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails